One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Human nature is a brew of strange elements, and we do not know yet what particular mix of murderousness and mercy has made us the sole survivors of the once diverse hominid line.’
- ‘Is that because you wouldn't play a character with his attributes - repressed rage, class envy, murderousness, homoeroticism, extraordinary sensitivity, aching beauty - ever again?’
- ‘Their murderousness is neither greater nor less than that of the invaders with their napalm, machine-guns and high explosives.’
- ‘The movement born then grows with every disclosure of the system's murderousness and uncontrollability - which is to say, its inner nature.’
- ‘Our coarseness - our murderousness - as a nation and a culture should inform the way we think about who leads us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.