One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unattractive person, especially a woman.
- ‘Get pictured with a double chin and you're a great big fat munter.’
- ‘Anyway, you will have to make do with the random mad musings of a manic middle aged munter today.’
- ‘Some people photograph well but they're munters in real life.’
- ‘And even though plenty of other things happened that were nice and pleasant and make me sound like a lot less of a munter, this one's still my favourite story to tell.’
- ‘What a munter!’
- ‘No sooner had I settled in than some drunken munter staggered up next to me.’
Early 21st century: origin unknown.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.