One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bring under the control or ownership of the authorities of a town or district.‘an expensive commitment to municipalize rented housing’
- ‘Water-supply service is municipalized in Japan, and most municipalities in Osaka Prefecture receive their water from more than 1 source.’
- ‘What he does not go on to say is that Adenauer saved the day by municipalising just about everything.’
- ‘At the same time as Birmingham was municipalising its street railways it was also municipalising its electric utilities.’
- ‘In 1883 Birmingham became the first British city to municipalize its art school.’
- ‘Although he was aged 92 in 1948, he would probably have pointed to the implications of failing to municipalise Harley St.’
- ‘Johnson's attempts at municipalising Cleveland Electric were frustrated by a state law that prohibited municipal ownership of a street railway company.’
- ‘They regard the municipal idea as rank socialism and think immediately anything is municipalised that their country is going to the dogs.’
- ‘In 1904, however, along with the other water companies, it was municipalised under the Metropolitan Water Board.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.