One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bring under the control or ownership of the authorities of a town or district.‘an expensive commitment to municipalize rented housing’
- ‘Water-supply service is municipalized in Japan, and most municipalities in Osaka Prefecture receive their water from more than 1 source.’
- ‘At the same time as Birmingham was municipalising its street railways it was also municipalising its electric utilities.’
- ‘Johnson's attempts at municipalising Cleveland Electric were frustrated by a state law that prohibited municipal ownership of a street railway company.’
- ‘In 1904, however, along with the other water companies, it was municipalised under the Metropolitan Water Board.’
- ‘Although he was aged 92 in 1948, he would probably have pointed to the implications of failing to municipalise Harley St.’
- ‘In 1883 Birmingham became the first British city to municipalize its art school.’
- ‘What he does not go on to say is that Adenauer saved the day by municipalising just about everything.’
- ‘They regard the municipal idea as rank socialism and think immediately anything is municipalised that their country is going to the dogs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.