One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A southern Asian waxbill (songbird), especially a mannikin or an avadavat.
- ‘A nest of a plain prinia (probably with chicks) and a half built nest of Black headed munia were also found.’
- ‘The top favourites are parakeets, munias, weavers, buntings and the Blue Rock Pigeon, and the top 10 species account for 75 per cent of indigenous trade.’
- ‘Most of the birds traded were parakeets and munias, especially the rose-ringed parakeet, the black-headed munia and the red munia.’
- ‘Similarly, black-headed munia, which was once a commonly found bird in Chennai, could no longer be sighted within the city these days, he said.’
- ‘The frosty-headed munias were Chestnut-breasted Munias, and the black-fronted birds were Grand Munias.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.