One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A southern Asian waxbill (songbird), especially a mannikin or an avadavat.
- ‘The frosty-headed munias were Chestnut-breasted Munias, and the black-fronted birds were Grand Munias.’
- ‘The top favourites are parakeets, munias, weavers, buntings and the Blue Rock Pigeon, and the top 10 species account for 75 per cent of indigenous trade.’
- ‘Most of the birds traded were parakeets and munias, especially the rose-ringed parakeet, the black-headed munia and the red munia.’
- ‘A nest of a plain prinia (probably with chicks) and a half built nest of Black headed munia were also found.’
- ‘Similarly, black-headed munia, which was once a commonly found bird in Chennai, could no longer be sighted within the city these days, he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.