One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I just hope the technique won't be perceived as overkill given the mundaneness of the subject matter.’
- ‘This public housing gives its residents privacy and a quiet, ennobling form of living space that accommodates its urban setting without succumbing to its mass, dehumanizing mundaneness.’
- ‘The tinsel town rolled out the red carpet, promising not just money and fame, but an opportunity to break free from mundaneness that defines the middle class.’
- ‘For, as the producer states: ‘You see why people are attracted to each other, why people fall in love, why people fall out of love, why you get sucked into the mundaneness of a relationship after a long time.’’
- ‘The whole idea of a ‘soap opera’ suggests an overt incongruity between the daily mundaneness of the narrative and the lofty form it takes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.