One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unlike most other ancient Egyptian masks, which covered the faces of the dead in their tombs, the Anubis mask has mouth and eye holes and was designed to be worn, probably during the ritual of mummification.’
- ‘The remains of Pleistocene mammals in Alaska and Siberia have been discovered in permafrost, which resulted in the body tissue being preserved through desiccation-induced mummification.’
- ‘The team has concluded - based on the identification of at least five different types of embalming material - that great care was taken in the mummification of this king.’
- ‘He also found that date palm wine was used in the sterilisation of the body and organs during mummification and aromatic spices were used in the embalming.’
- ‘Only this small metropolitan elite could have afforded the high cost of mummification and a suitable funeral, estimated by scholars at two years' income for the average citizen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.