One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘First of all, she's a mumbler, so I really have to strain to hear her.’
- ‘And I'm not insisting the whisperers, mumblers, droners and mic-dummies of this world be barred from reading their own poetry out loud.’
- ‘His lack of progress was due partly to his failings as a public speaker: he was a mumbler.’
- ‘For a start the singer's no mumbler, he's got a great melodic voice and there's nothing remotely depressing about them.’
- ‘I'd have to say that my experience at the Annual General Meeting of our student society was marked by mumblers of the most extraordinary kind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.