Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device consisting of two amplifying transistors or valves, each with its output connected to the input of the other, which produces an oscillatory signal.
- ‘A bistable multivibrator, which is controlled by the voltage that is induced by the rotor in the instantaneously currentless winding phase, is provided for alternatingly switching on the two winding phases.’
- ‘The pulse detector is classified as a monostable multivibrator because it has only one stable state.’
- ‘Like the astable multivibrator, one transistor conducts and the other cuts off when the circuit is energized.’
- ‘Those monostable multivibrators were simple timer circuits which put out a pulse with width directly proportional to the joystick resistance value.’
- ‘This circuit does not have the monostable multivibrator macro between the switch bounce waveform and the counter.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.