One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While this too obviously underscores the presumed multivalence of the play itself, it serves as an elusive touchstone for the characters’ changing view of themselves.’
- ‘How likely is it that a twenty-first-century music giving priority to ‘new classical’ virtues will sit happily with forms of writing which retain ‘modernist’ perspectives on multivalence?’
- ‘At the same time, there is also a semantic value of images, or a value of ambiguities and multivalence in iconographic interpretations.’
- ‘The extraordinary symbolic multivalence of food and eating extends much further, so that food has probably always been charged with questions of moral significance.’
- ‘‘Gallons’ connotes fluid, meaning that garbage comes in both solid and liquid form, another example of the term's multivalence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.