Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A technology allowing a touchscreen, trackpad, etc., to register multiple points of contact made on the surface simultaneously.
- ‘I'm stoked that even though the new touchpad looks the same and is the same size, it's loaded with multitouch!’
- ‘Multitouch is also supported, with pinch and twist gestures for zooming and rotating.’
- ‘Now, it's rivals are scrambling to add multitouch to notebooks, phones, and other digital gadgets.’
- ‘The multitouch is pretty shoddy, and the refresh rate is not too good on the screen.’
- ‘However, they said they expected a full touchscreen device with multitouch in the future.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.