Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A technology allowing a touchscreen, trackpad, etc., to register multiple points of contact made on the surface simultaneously.
- ‘The multitouch is pretty shoddy, and the refresh rate is not too good on the screen.’
- ‘I'm stoked that even though the new touchpad looks the same and is the same size, it's loaded with multitouch!’
- ‘Multitouch is also supported, with pinch and twist gestures for zooming and rotating.’
- ‘However, they said they expected a full touchscreen device with multitouch in the future.’
- ‘Now, it's rivals are scrambling to add multitouch to notebooks, phones, and other digital gadgets.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.