One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique by which a single set of code can be used by several processors at different stages of execution.
- ‘Video game programmers could make hay with multithreading, too, building more sophisticated artificial intelligence engines while simultaneously creating a more realistic 3D environment, he adds.’
- ‘But unlike its predecessor, the Power5 processor includes simultaneous multithreading technology, making it possible to run a total of four software threads per chip.’
- ‘Powerful computer operating systems using Microsoft Windows, OS / 2 and Unix support multithreading and multitasking and helped SCSI devices gain in popularity.’
- ‘All three Intel CPUs win when multithreading is taken into account.’
- ‘Also, developers need to write their apps for multithreading for users to gain full benefits from the technology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.