Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A technique by which a single set of code can be used by several processors at different stages of execution.
- ‘But unlike its predecessor, the Power5 processor includes simultaneous multithreading technology, making it possible to run a total of four software threads per chip.’
- ‘Video game programmers could make hay with multithreading, too, building more sophisticated artificial intelligence engines while simultaneously creating a more realistic 3D environment, he adds.’
- ‘All three Intel CPUs win when multithreading is taken into account.’
- ‘Powerful computer operating systems using Microsoft Windows, OS / 2 and Unix support multithreading and multitasking and helped SCSI devices gain in popularity.’
- ‘Also, developers need to write their apps for multithreading for users to gain full benefits from the technology.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.