Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer with more than one central processor.
- ‘Dedicated multiprocessor rackmount computers are easily the cheapest way to add processing power to a cluster.’
- ‘In a multiprocessor system, a shielded CPU is a CPU dedicated to the activities associated with high-priority real-time tasks.’
- ‘Because multiprocessor servers put a larger strain on the memory subsystem, increased amounts of on-chip cache can help alleviate that load.’
- ‘In multiprocessor machines, multiple threads are an efficient way for application developers to utilize the parallelism of the hardware.’
- ‘The architectural differences between shared-memory multiprocessors and distributed-memory multiprocessors have implications on how each is programmed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.