One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer with more than one central processor.
- ‘The architectural differences between shared-memory multiprocessors and distributed-memory multiprocessors have implications on how each is programmed.’
- ‘Dedicated multiprocessor rackmount computers are easily the cheapest way to add processing power to a cluster.’
- ‘Because multiprocessor servers put a larger strain on the memory subsystem, increased amounts of on-chip cache can help alleviate that load.’
- ‘In multiprocessor machines, multiple threads are an efficient way for application developers to utilize the parallelism of the hardware.’
- ‘In a multiprocessor system, a shielded CPU is a CPU dedicated to the activities associated with high-priority real-time tasks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.