Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting or relating to a musical recording that has sold more than two million copies.
- ‘All the while, he was polishing his talents as a producer, creating instrumentals not only for himself, but also for multiplatinum established artists.’
- ‘I want to branch out and just have a lot of multiplatinum albums.’
- ‘In fact, I'm hoping that his inevitable descent from the pop stratosphere will help him abandon multiplatinum dreams and focus on his growth as an artist.’
- ‘I highly recommend writing several hit singles and recording a handful of multiplatinum albums, because it is a very lucrative endeavor, trust me!’
- ‘They've achieved multiplatinum success, despite numerous lawsuits and roster changes.’
- ‘The album, which went multiplatinum, established the sonic template for pop music in the late nineties.’
- ‘I think I can handle the multiplatinum album thing, too.’
- ‘But the multiplatinum newcomers were garlanded with a bevy of Grammy nominations.’
- ‘He is responsible for the development of a multiplatinum roster of performers.’
- ‘The album was warmer and smarter than most contemporary multiplatinum albums by female pop divas.’
- ‘In today's mainstream hip-hop, the mark of success is multiplatinum sales.’
- ‘The film also produced a multiplatinum sound track and a popular television series spin-off.’
- ‘The call the band made on this record could be the most subversive thing the multiplatinum quartet have done.’
- ‘He's got Grammys and multiplatinum albums.’
- ‘And I have since learned that there is a time and place for multiplatinum MCs with party rhymes, albeit sparingly.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.