Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Compatible with or involving more than one type of computer or operating system.‘a multiplatform software package’‘an all-new multiplatform video game’
- ‘So far, Opera has gained users because of speed, its low footprint, its determined adherence to standards and its multi-platform nature.’
- ‘The family of products are multiplatform and allow you to watch movies, listen to music, download podcasts, vodcasts and so on all over the house.’
- ‘We've done multiplatform games on our engine before, so most of the work was to ensure the tools continued to support both platforms.’
- ‘We are the only vendor who has such significant multi-release and multi-platform security patch issues.’
- ‘The site will provide for multi-platform access allowing site visitors access to the site not only from their PCs but through devices such as palm pilots.’
- ‘Bonfield, on the other hand, was repositioning an aging telecom company into a fast growing multi-platform communications business.’
- ‘In recent years, people have came up with an idea to fix this inconvenience - to convert PowerPoint to smaller, multi-platform supported flash files.’
- ‘The recommendation is an important step in encouraging the deployment of multi-platform and high-speed Internet connections.’
- ‘Everyone realizes that it's a multiplatform world and most developers will have to build their creations for more than one target.’
- ‘I'd personally like to see all Sega games a given multi-platform release, it's the best way for them to reach their fans.’
- ‘He has fantastic experience of building channels and brands in a multi-platform digital environment, a very strong creative background and terrific relations with talent and the production community.’
- ‘We feel that developers can and should leverage all the best qualities of each platform by embracing multiplatform development.’
- ‘During the past 18 months, we have become the leading global developer and distributor of multi-platform educational software to schools and homes.’
- ‘Technical support managers with multiplatform skills generally earn up to €63,000 a year.’
- ‘In 2002, he oversaw the introduction of an expanded portfolio of multi-platform software.’
- ‘What challenges are involved in making a multiplatform game?’
- ‘This is a teen title, and another multiplatform game to boot.’
- ‘Working in a multi-platform environment increases the complexities associated with managing this data.’
- ‘The Xbox was launched as a gaming console, but has become a multiplatform entertainment system.’
- ‘Sega will take a multiplatform approach, writing games not only for all three consoles but also for PCs, cellphones, handheld computers and whatever other gaming-capable devices come along.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.