One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1In or relating to more than one phase.
- ‘It also includes tools to handle complicated multiphase workflows and supports a variety of land development projects.’
- ‘This multiphase rifting led to the formation of distinct structural domains along the passive margin.’
- ‘If a radiologist with special training in gastrointestinal radiology is available, multiphase barium upper gastrointestinal studies are an acceptable alternative.’
- ‘These later data would instead support a multiphase model of elastin, where the fine details of the protein structure and, in particular, its interactions with water, play a crucial role in understanding its elasticity.’
- ‘The initiative was established in March 1994 as a multiphase project investigating the effect of the health care environment on the safety and quality of patient care.’
- ‘In terms of protolith identification, many existing interpretations of the Langavat Belt do not fully consider the intense, multiphase deformation that it has suffered.’
- ‘Similarly, imaging of dense slurries and multiphase flows is not yet within practical reach because of the many interfaces of these systems.’
- ‘The outer hydration shell of proteins can be considered in this region as a multiphase system at the first approximation, with phases of different ‘freezing points’.’
- ‘Although it may be common for structural geologists to assemble fault-slip data without regard for their ages, such an approach is flawed for multiphase deformation in which the principal stress axes change orientation.’
- ‘The hospital is working on a large, multiphase redevelopment effort that will merge its three sites into two.’
- ‘An iterative inverse method has been also applied to multiphase tectonics to separate several superimposed tectonic events.’
- ‘This drives the requirement for a multiphase data model approach.’
- 1.1 (of an electrical device or circuit) polyphase.
- ‘The S receiver is driven on the basis of first multiphase clocks and receives strobe signals.’
- ‘The company will be able to design circuits with clock speeds of up to 10 GHz by using the multiphase clock generator.’
- ‘When the generator GN is driven to rotate at a predetermined rotational speed, a counter electromotive force arises in a multiphase phase coil of the generator GN.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.