One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Western Europeans want to believe that all international disputes can be resolved amicably, or as they call it, diplomatically, and multilaterally.’
- ‘And I thought the president did well tonight, with a quiet tone and a lot of information and a stress on the need to act multilaterally if possible.’
- ‘Indeed, the importance of the distinction between unilateral and multilateral is often overstated, since all countries pursue their interests both unilaterally and multilaterally.’
- ‘The six parties undertook to promote economic cooperation in the fields of energy, trade and investment, bilaterally and/or multilaterally.’
- ‘Every issue need not be dealt with multilaterally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.