Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of an electric cable) containing multiple cores.
- ‘Intel has released updated compilers designed to help developers create software tuned to multi-core processors, the company said yesterday.’
- ‘AMD has already announced that they will be introducing multi-core products in the near future.’
- ‘Yep, Azul has come out with one of the most radical multicore designs to date.’
- ‘These multi-core capabilities can be toggled from the advanced settings menu, and in the Linux version, the option is dimmed.’
- ‘Sun plans to release the Niagara family of multicore chips about 18 months from now.’
- ‘Intel declined to elaborate this week on the ability of its multicore designs to continue to rely on its frontside bus architecture.’
- ‘This technology leverages multi-core processor characteristics and enables high-performance processing and data transfer.’
- ‘In addition, Sun said it would cancel the upcoming multicore Gemini processor.’
- ‘More importantly perhaps, AMD insists that its multi-core plans shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.’
- ‘Company says 15 processors in development are based on dual-core and multicore technology.’
- ‘The most important enhancement is a shift toward multi-core architectures that incorporate two or more processing units on a single chip.’
- ‘The new compilers offer enhanced support for multi-core processors.’
- ‘The trick here is very simple: Intel changed the focus from speed of a single-core processor to the performance of multi-core technology.’
- ‘There is no real work that needs to be done to software in order to take advantage of the multicore chips.’
- ‘Companies such as Sun Microsystems and Intel are looking to build similar functions into their multicore server processors.’
- ‘And as we have seen in Quake 4, multi-core architectures can be quite efficient in games.’
- ‘The story of multicore processing, which is only now just beginning, will of course have an end.’
- ‘Simply put, Google has made some enormous technical breakthroughs using the new multi-core processors.’
- ‘Yes, he did touch upon a topic that we are all very anxious to know more about: multi-core technology from Intel.’
- ‘On the database front, Oracle continues to baffle customers with its bizarre fractional pricing scheme to handle the emergence of multicore chips.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.