One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an organism or part) having or consisting of many cells.
- ‘Thus, for instance, all the cells in a multicellular organism represent one clone derived from the fertilized egg.’
- ‘Flowering plants are multicellular organisms where cell division plays a significant role in growth and development.’
- ‘The evolution of multicellular animals from unicellular protists is one of the key transitions of life on Earth.’
- ‘What caused the delay of over a billion years in the evolution of multicellular animals after the evolution of single cell eukaryotes?’
- ‘Not only are cells in multicellular organisms specialized, they are precisely arrayed in particular spatial patterns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.