Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of an organism or part) having or consisting of many cells.
- ‘Not only are cells in multicellular organisms specialized, they are precisely arrayed in particular spatial patterns.’
- ‘Flowering plants are multicellular organisms where cell division plays a significant role in growth and development.’
- ‘The evolution of multicellular animals from unicellular protists is one of the key transitions of life on Earth.’
- ‘Thus, for instance, all the cells in a multicellular organism represent one clone derived from the fertilized egg.’
- ‘What caused the delay of over a billion years in the evolution of multicellular animals after the evolution of single cell eukaryotes?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.