One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Denoting a computer system that is able to be used by a number of people simultaneously.
- ‘Since those days, most multi-user operating systems have employed some degree of virtualization, though in the past it was quite a different beast than today's cross-platform emulation.’
- ‘Being a multi-user system, this software must establish some user access control.’
- ‘The server is a multi-tasking, multi-user computer system that provides a variety of shared resources and managerial functions, including those of Internet gateway, firewall, e-mail, file storage and system backup.’
- ‘And we'd say that surely a more solid, multi-tasking, multi-user operating system that crashes less frequently would perhaps make for a better solution.’
- ‘Does it make sense to buy a couple of these for a home multi-user system, rather than everybody having to have a PC?’
- 1.1 Denoting a video game in which several players participate simultaneously.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.