One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Auden was stressing a moral difficulty of war, which is exactly what Orwell, in a fit of mulishness, claimed he had failed to do.’
- ‘But some will see the U.S. position as more American mulishness.’
- ‘Editorialising on the President's acceptance speech, the New York Times also focused on his self-congratulating mulishness.’
- ‘The inexplicable mulishness of big business was the only thing that held back widespread adoption of solar power.’
- ‘We can do this work every day from morning to night, because we are constantly confronted with ourselves -- with all our reactions and with the mulishness that keeps us busy, because it has such a solid hold on our inner life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.