One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A roll of fat visible above the top of a pair of women's tight-fitting low-waisted trousers.
- ‘The muffin top is the bane of many lives.’
- ‘Hipster jeans which show off women's ' muffin tops ' - flesh overhanging the side of their clothing - came top of the list of items women should avoid.’
- ‘I was standing in the plastic salad bowl department, when a lady wearing baby pink ugh boots and sporting a fine muffin top above Supre leggings strolled by.’
- ‘The Shape of the Nation survey, carried out by 5,000 women across the UK, revealed the worst physical attribute was a 'muffin top'.’
- ‘It is day 25 and Katie has quite a muffin top hanging over the top of her skirt.’
- ‘Shamelessly, I also have a muffin top on the bad days, and thank god none of my friends have EVER highlighted it or (god forbid) pointed it out.’
- ‘Squires added: "Walk around any public place and you will see women with the tell-tale muffin top spilling over too-tight pants and a low cut top."’
- ‘"Love the muffin top," Douglas Clark, a 39-year-old freelance editor, whispered to a friend in the next row, alluding to Mr. Heston's slight middle-age paunch.’
- ‘Half said they had "muffin tops" - " podgy rolls sticking out over the top of their waistband ".’
- ‘And it is a law of anatomy that the tighter the jeans, the more prevalent the muffin top.’
- ‘That woman in the white outfit is more a case of Fashion Victim Extreme Muffin Top (FVEMT) and might be an outlier on the bell curve of ordinary muffin tops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.