One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A roll of fat visible above the top of a pair of women's tight-fitting low-waisted trousers.
- ‘I was standing in the plastic salad bowl department, when a lady wearing baby pink ugh boots and sporting a fine muffin top above Supre leggings strolled by.’
- ‘The muffin top is the bane of many lives.’
- ‘That woman in the white outfit is more a case of Fashion Victim Extreme Muffin Top (FVEMT) and might be an outlier on the bell curve of ordinary muffin tops.’
- ‘It is day 25 and Katie has quite a muffin top hanging over the top of her skirt.’
- ‘The Shape of the Nation survey, carried out by 5,000 women across the UK, revealed the worst physical attribute was a 'muffin top'.’
- ‘Hipster jeans which show off women's ' muffin tops ' - flesh overhanging the side of their clothing - came top of the list of items women should avoid.’
- ‘And it is a law of anatomy that the tighter the jeans, the more prevalent the muffin top.’
- ‘"Love the muffin top," Douglas Clark, a 39-year-old freelance editor, whispered to a friend in the next row, alluding to Mr. Heston's slight middle-age paunch.’
- ‘Shamelessly, I also have a muffin top on the bad days, and thank god none of my friends have EVER highlighted it or (god forbid) pointed it out.’
- ‘Half said they had "muffin tops" - " podgy rolls sticking out over the top of their waistband ".’
- ‘Squires added: "Walk around any public place and you will see women with the tell-tale muffin top spilling over too-tight pants and a low cut top."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.