One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small creeping plant that grows in mud and damp soils in north temperate regions.
Limosella aquatica, family Scrophulariaceae
- ‘Although there is an impressive list of plant species - including mudwort, a nationally scarce plant - it is the birds, particularly the waders, that represent the reserve's primary importance.’
- ‘Widespread stoloniferous herbs of wet habitats are the buttercup Ranunculus flammula and mudwort, Limosella subulata.’
- ‘It supports a range of rare and scarce species, including mudwort, stone loach, and a range of invertebrates.’
- ‘The Nosterfield reserve is already home to some 200 plants, including the nationally-scarce mudwort and blunt-flowered rush.’
- ‘This is vital feeding ground for many birds, and is home to the county rare plant, mudwort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.