One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small creeping plant that grows in mud and damp soils in north temperate regions.
- ‘Although there is an impressive list of plant species - including mudwort, a nationally scarce plant - it is the birds, particularly the waders, that represent the reserve's primary importance.’
- ‘It supports a range of rare and scarce species, including mudwort, stone loach, and a range of invertebrates.’
- ‘This is vital feeding ground for many birds, and is home to the county rare plant, mudwort.’
- ‘The Nosterfield reserve is already home to some 200 plants, including the nationally-scarce mudwort and blunt-flowered rush.’
- ‘Widespread stoloniferous herbs of wet habitats are the buttercup Ranunculus flammula and mudwort, Limosella subulata.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.