One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small creeping plant that grows in mud and damp soils in north temperate regions.
- ‘The Nosterfield reserve is already home to some 200 plants, including the nationally-scarce mudwort and blunt-flowered rush.’
- ‘This is vital feeding ground for many birds, and is home to the county rare plant, mudwort.’
- ‘Although there is an impressive list of plant species - including mudwort, a nationally scarce plant - it is the birds, particularly the waders, that represent the reserve's primary importance.’
- ‘Widespread stoloniferous herbs of wet habitats are the buttercup Ranunculus flammula and mudwort, Limosella subulata.’
- ‘It supports a range of rare and scarce species, including mudwort, stone loach, and a range of invertebrates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.