One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We've seen some rather awesome assaults on castles in movies recently, so a muddily directed sequence with lots of arrows being shot at some cheap-looking castle walls doesn't really cut it.’
- ‘It's a film that is created around its set pieces, which are linked muddily together.’
- ‘Though muddily recorded, it's a stunning document, crackling with energy and dotted with fantastic solos, catchy tunes and sharp, tangy brass riffage.’
- ‘The river ran muddily underneath me, through the mill farther down the banks, and underneath the bridge where I sat.’
- ‘It's stylish and superficially entertaining, but his megalomaniac motives for his crimes are at best muddily explained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.