One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's stylish and superficially entertaining, but his megalomaniac motives for his crimes are at best muddily explained.’
- ‘Though muddily recorded, it's a stunning document, crackling with energy and dotted with fantastic solos, catchy tunes and sharp, tangy brass riffage.’
- ‘We've seen some rather awesome assaults on castles in movies recently, so a muddily directed sequence with lots of arrows being shot at some cheap-looking castle walls doesn't really cut it.’
- ‘It's a film that is created around its set pieces, which are linked muddily together.’
- ‘The river ran muddily underneath me, through the mill farther down the banks, and underneath the bridge where I sat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.