One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paste of fuller's earth or a similar substance, applied thickly to the face to improve the condition of the skin.
- ‘I know about cucumber, I know I hate mud packs - in fact gunk of any kind on my face is undesirable.’
- ‘My therapist then massaged my calves, feet and ankles using an anti-stress body oil, before removing the mud pack with the hot towels again.’
- ‘An hour south is the Blue Lagoon, a lake with steam vents that has been developed into a beach, healing bath, and beauty spa with deck chairs, a bar, a cafeteria, massages, mud packs, and even a gift shop.’
- ‘Among the treatments available is Rasul, a unique Asian treatment that includes a seaweed soap shower, medicinal mud pack, herbal steam bath and massage.’
- ‘Earthy people may benefit from connecting to the earth element via gardening, pottery, facial mud packs, etc.’
- ‘The deal includes a medical check-up and four treatments a day, including hydromassage, algae bath, underwater showers, jet showers, algae and mud packs and the use of the aquagym.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.