Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘MTF transwomen’short for male-to-female
- ‘Many trans guys say they "pass" for their gender of choice easier than their MTF counterparts.’
- ‘I have a few trans friends, mostly MTF.’
- ‘Most are MTF (male to female), although a few are FTM (female to male).’
- ‘While the term transgender applies to anyone who undergoes a shift from female to male (FTM) or male to female (MTF), most associate it with those who don female clothes or traits.’
- ‘the consensus is that there are equal numbers of FTMs and MTFs’short for male-to-female
- ‘For MTFs to focus on physically passing as women rather than on overcoming unwitting vestiges of internalized masculinity and power and control sidesteps the real problems with gender - how we come to feel and think inside.’
- ‘I produced a short film a few years ago and my cinematographer was a transitioning MTF.’
- ‘I have never heard of MTFs asking for inclusion in men's-only spaces.’
- ‘It would be really helpful for this thread, I think, if people could limit themselves to speaking about FTMs here, instead of discursively grouping MTFs and FTMs in the same basket.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.