One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘MTF transwomen’short for male-to-female (sense 2 of the adjective)
- ‘I have a few trans friends, mostly MTF.’
- ‘Most are MTF (male to female), although a few are FTM (female to male).’
- ‘While the term transgender applies to anyone who undergoes a shift from female to male (FTM) or male to female (MTF), most associate it with those who don female clothes or traits.’
- ‘Many trans guys say they "pass" for their gender of choice easier than their MTF counterparts.’
- ‘the consensus is that there are equal numbers of FTMs and MTFs’short for male-to-female
- ‘I have never heard of MTFs asking for inclusion in men's-only spaces.’
- ‘For MTFs to focus on physically passing as women rather than on overcoming unwitting vestiges of internalized masculinity and power and control sidesteps the real problems with gender - how we come to feel and think inside.’
- ‘I produced a short film a few years ago and my cinematographer was a transitioning MTF.’
- ‘It would be really helpful for this thread, I think, if people could limit themselves to speaking about FTMs here, instead of discursively grouping MTFs and FTMs in the same basket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.