One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Microsoft disk operating system.
- ‘The first versions of both MS-DOS and the Macintosh operating system had no nested subdirectories; they were flat file systems.’
- ‘The big break came in 1980 when an agreement was signed to provide the operating system that became known as MS-DOS, for IBM's new personal computer.’
- ‘The parentage of the MS-DOS operating system is to be decided in court.’
- ‘The actual point-of-sale terminals at the counter and drive-through window run on software written for Microsoft MS-DOS.’
- ‘While some users might find the Windows Interface easy to use and the MS-DOS command line prompt very difficult, there are users that will find the reverse to be true.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.