Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for playing MP3s or other digital audio files.‘it is without doubt the smallest, lightest, and most elegant MP3 player available’
- ‘Without much additional effort, you could then download it onto an MP3 player or burn a CD.’
- ‘These days, MP3 players, DVD recorders, digital cameras, and a slew of other gizmos all have drives that can store songs, movies, and TV shows.’
- ‘Next up will be other high-volume gadgets such as digital cameras, MP3 players, and even personal computers.’
- ‘Last year, I purchased a delightful little MP3 player that is about the size of a stick of gum.’
- ‘He came in at the beginning of the album with a lot of his favorite songs all on an MP3 player with all the lyrics.’
- ‘Buy the record, give the CD to your friends, rip it to your mp3 player or whatever!’
- ‘The last option is simply to hijack a portable MP3 player and hot-wire it to your stereo system.’
- ‘If you're looking for a small MP3 player with big sound this could be the player of choice.’
- ‘I slipped in my new buds and let loose some Vivaldi on my MP3 player.’
- ‘MP3 files can be transferred easily to small, portable MP3 players - devices available in many homes as well.’
- ‘To copy a CD to the MP3 player, you must connect the MP3 player to a computer.’
- ‘It comes second only to Apple in total market share for MP3 players.’
- ‘Consumers still want the latest in digital cameras, cell-phone cameras, MP3 players, and video games.’
- ‘But the iPod set a new standard by which all other MP3 players would be judged.’
- ‘Short-term savings are crucial because they yield the rewards - a trip during spring break or an MP3 player - that make all that baby-sitting worth the effort.’
- ‘There was a playful exchange about speakers and sound quality and Albert looked at this wizened symbol of a simpler time and asked gamely, "Do you, uh, own an MP3 player?"’
- ‘Copy-controlled CDs also hinder consumers from ripping music for use in personal devices, such as portable mp3 players.’
- ‘Just remember: when lining up for popular films, arrive early, load your MP3 player up with tunes, and bring a book - lineups have been known to last four hours.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.