One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Mozambique or its inhabitants.‘the beautiful Mozambican coast’
- ‘She uses the water to prepare traditional Mozambican food.’
- ‘Rescue teams plan to evacuate about 600 Mozambican families who are stranded on islands in the flooded Zambezi River.’
- ‘The Mozambican government has already appealed for aid.’
- ‘Refugees argued with a Mozambican government official.’
- ‘The stadium lies an hour's drive from the Mozambican border.’
A native or inhabitant of Mozambique, or a person of Mozambican descent.‘the majority of Mozambicans live in the countryside’
- ‘More than 36,000 Mozambicans turned up - the atmosphere was the most awesome I have ever experienced.’
- ‘Mozambicans voted last month in elections that went totally uncovered by the British press.’
- ‘International aid agencies raced against time yesterday to rescue and feed hundreds of thousands of Mozambicans as floodwaters rose.’
- ‘A Mozambican we met, had run a construction business in South Africa for the past five years.’
- ‘Nearly 70 percent of the Mozambicans live in the countryside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.