One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Eastern medicine) the burning of moxa on or near a person's skin as a counterirritant.
- ‘In Oriental medicine acupuncture and moxibustion are being utilized for the purpose of stopping preterm labor.’
- ‘Breech presentation was successfully corrected by stimulating acupuncture points with moxibustion or low-frequency electrical current.’
- ‘Acupuncture was used on selected points on the patients every second day and moxibustion was used on selected acupoints, also every second day, so that the patients effectively had a treatment every day.’
- ‘By making a differentiating diagnosis, practitioners can choose the best method of applying acupuncture, moxibustion, herbs, Qigong or massage.’
- ‘Recent immunological studies have shown that direct moxibustion to acupoint can mediate the systemic immune functions.’
- ‘The reason for this is because pain and burn are more directly invasive, and electric moxibustion, without using moxa, can enhance antibody production.’
- ‘Here I am shown remarkably healthy-looking patients in perfectly starched and ironed outfits receiving treatment by acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping, and massage.’
- ‘Acupuncture shall include, but not be limited to, the insertion of acupuncture needles and the application of moxibustion to specific areas of the human body.’
- ‘Ultrasound examination was performed before and after each moxibustion treatment to determine the fetal presentation.’
- ‘Sun regarded the integration of acupuncture, moxibustion and the use of drugs as a complete system of medicine.’
- ‘Patients reported in our questionnaire research that they had no abdominal pain during moxibustion treatment, but rather felt comfortable warmth not limited to the abdomen, but in the entire body.’
- ‘Traditional Chinese medicine incorporates acupuncture, moxibustion, herbal remedies, cupping, therapeutic exercise and dietary and lifestyle advice.’
- ‘Previous studies have shown that moxibustion and some Chinese herbs effectively protected rats from acute liver injury.’
- ‘Stimulating techniques such as acupuncture, moxibustion or massage may be applied to these points to relieve disorders of their corresponding organs.’
- ‘And he didn't do an acupuncture treatment, he did something called moxibustion.’
- ‘Currently, we have actively introduced Oriental medicine for the treatment of a wide range of diseases using Chinese medicines and acupuncture or moxibustion.’
- ‘The results showed that the therapeutic effect of acupuncture and moxibustion was good with a total effective rate of 88.24%.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.