One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A succession of averages derived from successive segments (typically of constant size and overlapping) of a series of values.
- ‘Similarly, techniques to graph moving averages and interpret their changes should be included in agricultural marketing courses.’
- ‘In the calculation of their value, both moving averages use the closing prices of whatever period is measured.’
- ‘The moving average shows the average value of a stock over time.’
- ‘At other times, the moving average was not significant for deaths within 30 days, as defined here, including at the end of the series, when the moving average was 50%.’
- ‘In 1927 he showed that subjecting a sequence of independent random variables to a sequence of moving averages generated an almost periodic sequence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.