One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A succession of averages derived from successive segments (typically of constant size and overlapping) of a series of values.
- ‘Similarly, techniques to graph moving averages and interpret their changes should be included in agricultural marketing courses.’
- ‘The moving average shows the average value of a stock over time.’
- ‘In 1927 he showed that subjecting a sequence of independent random variables to a sequence of moving averages generated an almost periodic sequence.’
- ‘At other times, the moving average was not significant for deaths within 30 days, as defined here, including at the end of the series, when the moving average was 50%.’
- ‘In the calculation of their value, both moving averages use the closing prices of whatever period is measured.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.