One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who directs or produces cinema films.
- ‘Here's a clue, moviemakers: if you want us to care about characters, give them interesting personalities.’
- ‘What should the moviemakers do to salvage this mess?’
- ‘The film is being made by fledgling moviemakers Thirteen Films.’
- ‘Some moviemakers are film students, while others are unschooled do-it-yourself types.’
- ‘The structure lets the moviemakers preserve much of Thornton Wilder's writing, mostly in Juniper's narration and in the statements of the Archbishop.’
- ‘A fantasy moviemaker himself, Davis deplores the widespread condescension toward genre films he sees in Canada and the U.S.’
- ‘Roger Ebert argues against the attitude attributed to most independent moviemakers that, since they've created a film, it must, somehow, be seen.’
- ‘Too bad he did not have a clue about a moviemaker's most important quality, writing and directing film.’
- ‘Universal Studios last week became the first major Hollywood moviemaker to make films available for video-on-demand on cable.’
- ‘A film that has inspired moviemakers for decades, King Kong has finally come to DVD, just in time for its big screen remake by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson.’
- ‘What we end up with is a sequence with a very authentic feeling, something that could very well be the final moments in the life of some soulless, amoral moviemakers.’
- ‘Animators and moviemakers everywhere are guilty for not giving us a product of this caliber up to this point.’
- ‘A script offers no more to a great moviemaker than an opera libretto does to a great composer.’
- ‘In attempting to make a broad-ranging, effective contemporary film, the moviemakers invoked images and qualities of other genres and times and created a hybrid product.’
- ‘Over the last century, writers like Rudyard Kipling and moviemakers like Walt Disney have given almost human qualities to what in real life are wild and untamable animals.’
- ‘In the tradition of ground breaking moviemakers, he writes, directs and produces.’
- ‘Just because the stupid people don't get it doesn't mean that the moviemakers didn't.’
- ‘And with those words, the moviemakers abandon the Owl Ranch (and we later learn, the entire project as well).’
- ‘Yes, the future is filled with horrors that only moviemakers can dream up.’
- ‘Apparently, the filmic horizons are as infinite as the limits of the sky for these amazing moviemakers and their crazy creations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.