One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who goes to the cinema, especially on a regular basis.
- ‘You are a regular moviegoer so you have seen all this before.’
- ‘For us moviegoers, you might be muttering to yourself, but not for the wretched of the Glasgow slums.’
- ‘We went to ask moviegoers today how they feel about the issue.’
- ‘The best advice I can give moviegoers is to stay away if you don't possess a dark sense of humor and/or cynical outlook on life.’
- ‘Last year moviegoers flocked to the theater to see the movie Drumline.’
- ‘It's as if moviegoers have been coddled by the comforting filters and film stock of major motion pictures over the years.’
- ‘Although moviegoers are walking away with different reaction, one thing is the same.’
- ‘Jessica Simpson's film debut with the good old boys pulled in lots of moviegoers over the weekend.’
- ‘Clearly, the hope is that moviegoers will find it rousingly topical.’
- ‘A regular moviegoer with a conventional grasp of history would simply call it phony.’
- ‘Zhang said China also needs to build more cinemas to entertain the growing number of moviegoers.’
- ‘Film fans face losing the new cinema club in Westbury unless more moviegoers head through the box office.’
- ‘Opinion was divided among moviegoers who poured out of the Odeon cinema in Manchester city centre.’
- ‘There's a feast of films vying for moviegoers' attention this season.’
- ‘There seems to be a bit of disparity among critics and moviegoers over the verdict on Tim Burton's recent film Big Fish.’
- ‘Very, very sweet weekend at the box office, Kyra, as moviegoers continued on their oh so fabulous candy binge.’
- ‘Fed-up moviegoers are taking their money and their patience and going home.’
- ‘Yet there is no similar propensity to indicate when films are designed to lure younger adult moviegoers.’
- ‘Do you feel that Hollywood has kind of been missing what moviegoers want to see?’
- ‘Frankenstein was chilling for more than a few moviegoers in that black-and-white world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.