One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is important and powerful in the film industry.‘the party was hosted by movie mogul Harvey Weinstein’
- ‘The movie moguls figured they couldn't make any more money from her so they walked away from her.’
- ‘The movie moguls should also snap up this book for the sequel.’
- ‘According to Hollywood movie moguls, the higher the stakes, the better the picture.’
- ‘A short film shot in Sligo will be screened for movie moguls from all over the world in Los Angeles.’
- ‘Now the LA movie moguls are back in the firing line for their latest re-write of recent history.’
- ‘The millionaire movie mogul often proudly recounted how abject poverty one day had him reduced to tears outside the window of a restaurant.’
- ‘Meanwhile movie mogul George Lucas is eyeing a home in Sydney after shooting the Star Wars prequels in the city.’
- ‘John Peters, who became a great movie mogul, was just a hairdresser then.’
- ‘An offshore mutual fund aims to turn private investors into mini movie moguls.’
- ‘Stars, starlets, journalists and movie moguls all flocked to the annual show business extravaganza that is the Cannes Festival.’
- ‘You no longer need to be a movie mogul to afford a home theater.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.