One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera used in making a film for the cinema.‘early movie cameras were cumbersome’
- ‘He thought of a solution to the problem of how to stabilize a hand-held movie camera in a hotel room.’
- ‘One was pointing and giving directions and the other one was setting up a tripod with a movie camera on it.’
- ‘Raw stock and ponderous movie cameras may soon give way to digital tapes and high definition cameras.’
- ‘He already had a 35mm photo camera and knew where to acquire an 8mm movie camera.’
- ‘The poem moves swiftly from image to image, like a movie camera.’
- ‘This system has been adapted for use in modern movie cameras.’
- ‘It was a debut of sorts for the Chief Minister, as he faced the movie camera.’
- ‘She is the latest of a number of Britart stars to turn to the movie camera.’
- ‘We have bought a digital movie camera which is to be lent out to community groups.’
- ‘Jones brought his 8mm home movie camera along and captured some incredible images.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.