One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not moving or capable of moving or being moved.
- ‘How can the mind, which speaks and sports, become moveless?’
- ‘Recollecting the day he saw Napoleon on the street, the poet imagines what must be the tumult of thoughts behind Caesar's moveless mask-the cities, the factories, the armies rising in the conqueror's dream of power.’
- ‘I leaned toward her later and I looked at her moveless lips reading.’
- ‘Their choreographed turning of backs left me speechless and moveless so I limped to my lamely un-costumed friend and told him that I was leaving.’
- ‘The frigate turned around glowing with jet engines, aimed at the center of the moveless Galaxy spiral whirlpool and started gaining speed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.