One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And marching behind the mouthless cat came an endless stream of fuzzy animals, sugar-sweet fashions and girl singing groups.’
- ‘It seems possible that the series of mouthless, mask-like self-portraits in which Dali poses in a blue smock, undertaken beginning in 1923, might be based on African tribal sculpture.’
- ‘Charles Hamilton Sorley, a Great War poet, once wrote an achingly poignant poem about the ‘millions of mouthless dead’ whose individual identity had been smothered by their ubiquity.’
- ‘His face was mouthless, unable to show emotions.’
- ‘The painting is symbolic of the constant search for an identity by the woman, who remains mouthless in the entire series.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.