One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thick curtains and drapes set off luxurious leather-covered cushions with button-up fronts that look mouth-wateringly comfortable.’
- ‘And the chicken and mushroom pie was totally, mouth-wateringly delicious.’
- ‘I would have liked a colour picture with every recipe, but the ones featured look mouth-wateringly sumptuous.’
- ‘In order to be shortlisted, they will have to convince the judges that their breakfasts are not just mouth-wateringly tempting, but also make the best use of local food sources.’
- ‘But the results are mouth-wateringly desirable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.