One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of wine) sparkling.‘vin mousseux’
effervescent, fizzy, carbonated, aerated, gassy, bubbly, bubbling, fizzing, foaming, frothyView synonyms
- ‘Villages where grapes for AOC Anjou mousseux are grown are marked.’
- ‘Landron's Muscadets (bottled under the Domaine de la Louvetrie label) are stellar, and I did not know that we would be getting in a bit of Jo's vin mousseux as well.’
champagne, sparkling wineView synonyms
- ‘We also received a complimentary bottle of mousseux that was very good.’
- ‘Saumur's most important wine (and France's most important mousseux) is Saumur Mousseux, a well-priced sparkling wine made from Chenin Blanc grapes with Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.’
- ‘Yet just the other day I was charged a stunning 23 quid for a dreadful bottle of mousseux.’
From French, from mousse ‘froth’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.