One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Also, she was small and thin with straight brown hair that seemed to set off the overall mousiness of her.’
- ‘Samuel Owen's Winston Smith strikes a nice balance between pathetic mousiness and nobility.’
- ‘Whoever plays Leo Frank faces the awesome task of having to be winning without obvious charm, manly despite his mousiness, and a star performer in a role that, except for its length, has none of the splashy attributes of a star vehicle.’
- ‘The most powerful instrument of control is the seven-year probationary period, in which the faint-hearted learn the arts of mousiness.’
- ‘Brettanomyces yeasts impart an unpleasant mousiness to the finished wine that can make it completely undrinkable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.