One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Also, she was small and thin with straight brown hair that seemed to set off the overall mousiness of her.’
- ‘The most powerful instrument of control is the seven-year probationary period, in which the faint-hearted learn the arts of mousiness.’
- ‘Whoever plays Leo Frank faces the awesome task of having to be winning without obvious charm, manly despite his mousiness, and a star performer in a role that, except for its length, has none of the splashy attributes of a star vehicle.’
- ‘Brettanomyces yeasts impart an unpleasant mousiness to the finished wine that can make it completely undrinkable.’
- ‘Samuel Owen's Winston Smith strikes a nice balance between pathetic mousiness and nobility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.