One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of a dull light brown colour reminiscent of a mouse's fur.‘he had rather sparse mouse-coloured hair’
greyish-brown, brownish, dun-coloured, mud-coloured, mousy, muddy, khaki, umberView synonyms
- ‘At the stations bareheaded women and children with naked, mouse-coloured feet offered us red boiled crabs.’
- ‘He was in a dark corner, talking droll rubbish to a young woman in mouse-coloured gaiters.’
- ‘She had mouse-coloured hair, eyes, and complexion.’
- ‘I had a pair of new mouse coloured leather breeches.’
- ‘She went from a frizzy mouse-colored brunette with glasses to a chocolate-colored brunette with wavy hair and contacts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.