One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Dressed in tatters and singing mournfully, she played the part of the hungry orphan to perfection.’
- ‘Annette sighed mournfully and shifted her weight.’
- ‘Writing about his own visit to southern Italy, he dwells mournfully on grubby children and cackling poultry.’
- ‘Each time a rocket exploded overhead, a dog howled mournfully from its pen at edge of the yard.’
- ‘On Tuesday he reflected mournfully on politicians who ‘made promises they have failed to keep’.’
- ‘She mournfully flicks through the faded family album as the bustling, chattering family next door noisily go about family life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.