One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Writing about his own visit to southern Italy, he dwells mournfully on grubby children and cackling poultry.’
- ‘She mournfully flicks through the faded family album as the bustling, chattering family next door noisily go about family life.’
- ‘On Tuesday he reflected mournfully on politicians who ‘made promises they have failed to keep’.’
- ‘Dressed in tatters and singing mournfully, she played the part of the hungry orphan to perfection.’
- ‘Each time a rocket exploded overhead, a dog howled mournfully from its pen at edge of the yard.’
- ‘Annette sighed mournfully and shifted her weight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.