One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A creeping arctic-alpine plant with white flowers and glossy leaves.See also dryas
- ‘This is Arctic Canada at its best: a northern landscape blooming with purple mountain saxifrage, moss campion, and mountain avens.’
- ‘There were fields of the wildflower mountain avens gone to seed in Kennicott.’
- ‘Not found at all in Britain, this little orchid's heartland is the Mediterranean, and so it's strange that its tender southern shoots appear here, within inches of tough tundra plants such as mountain avens.’
- ‘As the name implies, the mountain avens can mostly be seen in mountains.’
- ‘The white mountain avens needs a moist peaty or sandy soil, and must be protected from slugs and snails.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.