Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A motor vehicle equipped like a caravan for living in.
- ‘With more than a million caravans and motorhomes in use, caravanning has become one of the fastest-growing leisure activities in the country.’
- ‘Mr. Tesch said new industry and new professions would be created as manufacturers and maintenance industries will be attracted to the town to build and service the motorhomes.’
- ‘He was driving his Winnebago motorhome when he stopped to offer the man a lift.’
- ‘He sets off on May 10 and aims to cycle 75 miles a day, with wife Valerie driving a motorhome for back-up.’
- ‘Later, back in the motorhome, my erratic driving and occasional tussle with second gear seemed positively trivial.’
- ‘My wife and I took our motorhome and went through Alaska and all over Canada.’
- ‘After five months of living in our motorhome, we finally found the perfect house.’
- ‘On a scary mountain road near the peak of Red Mountain Pass we met a motorhome about the size of a city block.’
- ‘Investigators say his car was travelling east when it overtook a motorhome.’
- ‘A convoy of between 300 and 400 caravans and motorhomes is scheduled to descend upon Geraldton in September.’
- ‘Then there was his mum, brother and sister, driving the motorhome behind him.’
- ‘You can also rent motorhomes or cabins at around $20 per night.’
- ‘‘We've got 600 pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes but we're full once the school summer holidays start,’ he says.’
- ‘Ordinary cars do fine, but both roads are unsuitable for motorhomes over 25 feet long.’
- ‘Brian and I were traveling together in his motorhome, which made it a little awkward.’
- ‘It's Spring Bank Holiday, so avid campers, caravanners and motorhome owners will be packing their tents, hitching up their caravans or fuelling up their motorhomes for a long weekend wherever they decide to pitch, unhitch or park.’
- ‘More than 200 exhibitors will be offering an unrivalled selection of the very latest models of caravans, motorhomes, holiday homes and camping equipment.’
- ‘The largest assemblage of motorhomes and campervans ever seen in Australia has gathered in Casino this week.’
- ‘Exhibited at the show will be the latest ranges of caravans, motorhomes, holiday homes and outdoor leisure equipment.’
- ‘In more recent years, the huge, spindly, family-sized frame tents have largely given way to caravans and motorhomes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.