One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor vehicle equipped like a caravan for living in.
- ‘He sets off on May 10 and aims to cycle 75 miles a day, with wife Valerie driving a motorhome for back-up.’
- ‘Brian and I were traveling together in his motorhome, which made it a little awkward.’
- ‘Investigators say his car was travelling east when it overtook a motorhome.’
- ‘With more than a million caravans and motorhomes in use, caravanning has become one of the fastest-growing leisure activities in the country.’
- ‘The largest assemblage of motorhomes and campervans ever seen in Australia has gathered in Casino this week.’
- ‘‘We've got 600 pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes but we're full once the school summer holidays start,’ he says.’
- ‘Exhibited at the show will be the latest ranges of caravans, motorhomes, holiday homes and outdoor leisure equipment.’
- ‘It's Spring Bank Holiday, so avid campers, caravanners and motorhome owners will be packing their tents, hitching up their caravans or fuelling up their motorhomes for a long weekend wherever they decide to pitch, unhitch or park.’
- ‘Mr. Tesch said new industry and new professions would be created as manufacturers and maintenance industries will be attracted to the town to build and service the motorhomes.’
- ‘More than 200 exhibitors will be offering an unrivalled selection of the very latest models of caravans, motorhomes, holiday homes and camping equipment.’
- ‘On a scary mountain road near the peak of Red Mountain Pass we met a motorhome about the size of a city block.’
- ‘Later, back in the motorhome, my erratic driving and occasional tussle with second gear seemed positively trivial.’
- ‘My wife and I took our motorhome and went through Alaska and all over Canada.’
- ‘After five months of living in our motorhome, we finally found the perfect house.’
- ‘You can also rent motorhomes or cabins at around $20 per night.’
- ‘Ordinary cars do fine, but both roads are unsuitable for motorhomes over 25 feet long.’
- ‘He was driving his Winnebago motorhome when he stopped to offer the man a lift.’
- ‘Then there was his mum, brother and sister, driving the motorhome behind him.’
- ‘A convoy of between 300 and 400 caravans and motorhomes is scheduled to descend upon Geraldton in September.’
- ‘In more recent years, the huge, spindly, family-sized frame tents have largely given way to caravans and motorhomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.