One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor vehicle equipped like a caravan for living in.
- ‘Then there was his mum, brother and sister, driving the motorhome behind him.’
- ‘Mr. Tesch said new industry and new professions would be created as manufacturers and maintenance industries will be attracted to the town to build and service the motorhomes.’
- ‘Ordinary cars do fine, but both roads are unsuitable for motorhomes over 25 feet long.’
- ‘You can also rent motorhomes or cabins at around $20 per night.’
- ‘Brian and I were traveling together in his motorhome, which made it a little awkward.’
- ‘‘We've got 600 pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes but we're full once the school summer holidays start,’ he says.’
- ‘More than 200 exhibitors will be offering an unrivalled selection of the very latest models of caravans, motorhomes, holiday homes and camping equipment.’
- ‘He sets off on May 10 and aims to cycle 75 miles a day, with wife Valerie driving a motorhome for back-up.’
- ‘It's Spring Bank Holiday, so avid campers, caravanners and motorhome owners will be packing their tents, hitching up their caravans or fuelling up their motorhomes for a long weekend wherever they decide to pitch, unhitch or park.’
- ‘The largest assemblage of motorhomes and campervans ever seen in Australia has gathered in Casino this week.’
- ‘My wife and I took our motorhome and went through Alaska and all over Canada.’
- ‘With more than a million caravans and motorhomes in use, caravanning has become one of the fastest-growing leisure activities in the country.’
- ‘He was driving his Winnebago motorhome when he stopped to offer the man a lift.’
- ‘In more recent years, the huge, spindly, family-sized frame tents have largely given way to caravans and motorhomes.’
- ‘Later, back in the motorhome, my erratic driving and occasional tussle with second gear seemed positively trivial.’
- ‘After five months of living in our motorhome, we finally found the perfect house.’
- ‘Exhibited at the show will be the latest ranges of caravans, motorhomes, holiday homes and outdoor leisure equipment.’
- ‘Investigators say his car was travelling east when it overtook a motorhome.’
- ‘On a scary mountain road near the peak of Red Mountain Pass we met a motorhome about the size of a city block.’
- ‘A convoy of between 300 and 400 caravans and motorhomes is scheduled to descend upon Geraldton in September.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.