One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who rides a motorcycle.
- ‘He saw the approaching rider raise his head and the motorcyclist began to skid.’
- ‘A 55-year-old motorcyclist was involved in a collision with a lorry.’
- ‘Officers say speeds of 90 mph have been logged, and a motorcyclist was recently clocked at 102 mph.’
- ‘He loved music, particularly heavy rock and was a keen motorcyclist.’
- ‘The Essex force has declared war on reckless motorcyclists in response to the recent alarming surge in bike-related accidents.’
- ‘Some states have adopted partial use laws requiring motorcyclists under 17 years old to wear helmets.’
- ‘The scheme aims to make it harder for motorcyclists to break speed limits, in order to reduce casualties.’
- ‘The Motorcycle Safety Foundation said they encourage and expect all motorcyclists to ride within their limits.’
- ‘Campaigners today demanded action to stop off-road motorcyclists tearing through a field - before someone is killed.’
- ‘For the same period in August last year 22 motorcyclists were killed on our roads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.