One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is employed to deliver messages by motorcycle.‘he had no telephone at his headquarters and used motorcycle messengers instead’
- ‘A motorcycle messenger came down the road at a rapid pace.’
- ‘Cal was drinking a bottle of Guinness when the motorcycle messenger roared up.’
- ‘He promised to send a motorcycle messenger over to pick the book up.’
- ‘Almost every German division had a motorcycle messenger platoon.’
- ‘Los Angeles motorcycle messengers wore gas masks for protection against a record dense smog in the area.’
- ‘Each battalion was to provide the commando with one officer and one motorcycle messenger.’
- ‘The trail party consists of the maintenance sergeant moving with a motorcycle messenger and the medic.’
- ‘He had been a motorcycle messenger during World War II.’
- ‘She was a motorcycle messenger for the Royal Air Force during the war.’
- ‘They watched a motorcycle messenger zoom into the yard, leap off his bike, and rush into the house with a large envelope.’
- ‘The insurance company says the number of claims from motorcycle messengers is five times higher than those from ordinary motorcyclists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.