One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor-driven boat equipped for cruising.
- ‘We visited his large motor yacht with its four luxurious cabins, each with its own bathroom, and chatted with his skipper about future sailing plans.’
- ‘It's now possible to charter a powerboat in the Virgin Islands and cross over to St. Martin, an upwind passage that can be tough in a sailboat but a piece of cake in a motor yacht.’
- ‘It's 35m long and has recently been refitted to its original condition, when it was called Radiant and was the personal Mediterranean motor yacht of a Middle Eastern oil magnate.’
- ‘Each evening, in the waning summer sunshine, the waters of the marina light up with the reflections of the white hulls of very shiny, very expensive motor yachts.’
- ‘Outside medicine, he enjoyed sailing in his motor yacht, golf, and visits to his daughter in Corfu.’
- ‘If you charter a boat in Miami, you can pick and choose among spacious trawlers, luxurious motor yachts, or swift catamarans.’
- ‘The company, founded in 1863 and family run until 1986, had constructed boats for three wars when, in the early 1960s, it repositioned itself as a builder of luxury aluminum motor yachts.’
- ‘Because of the expense involved and lower income expected, my wife insists that I get rid of my 43-foot cockpit motor yacht.’
- ‘A British-owned, 29m motor yacht operating out of Sharm el Sheikh, she takes 16 passengers in twin-berth cabins.’
- ‘A luxury motor yacht designed and built in Pembrokeshire was star of the recent Southampton International Boat Show.’
- ‘A motor yacht carrying two beautiful people went by.’
- ‘Picture yourself on the deck of one of the motor yachts that cruise the river in search of respite from the summer heat.’
- ‘Excalibur was a large steel-hulled motor yacht which sank in a fire.’
- ‘Luckily, a number of high-powered flares and gas bottles were quickly removed from the motor yacht, which was moored next to a pontoon.’
- ‘A 15-20 knot breeze blew off the dock, edging me toward a 70-foot motor yacht in the narrow channel.’
- ‘I have been a boat owner for nearly 30 years and about 18 months ago I purchased a Pacific Mariner motor yacht built in Laconner, WA.’
- ‘Do you require a sailing yacht, a motor yacht or a motorsailer?’
- ‘The motor yachts were moored next to each other when one burst into flames.’
- ‘She selected understated furnishings and fabrics to complement the look of a classic motor yacht, from the large art deco sleigh bed in the master suite to the reproduction of a 1930s sofa in the living room.’
- ‘The kinds of boats available range from 80-foot motor yachts and sprawling catamarans to smaller sailboats that cater to couples.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.