One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor-driven boat equipped for cruising.
- ‘A luxury motor yacht designed and built in Pembrokeshire was star of the recent Southampton International Boat Show.’
- ‘A 15-20 knot breeze blew off the dock, edging me toward a 70-foot motor yacht in the narrow channel.’
- ‘Because of the expense involved and lower income expected, my wife insists that I get rid of my 43-foot cockpit motor yacht.’
- ‘It's now possible to charter a powerboat in the Virgin Islands and cross over to St. Martin, an upwind passage that can be tough in a sailboat but a piece of cake in a motor yacht.’
- ‘She selected understated furnishings and fabrics to complement the look of a classic motor yacht, from the large art deco sleigh bed in the master suite to the reproduction of a 1930s sofa in the living room.’
- ‘The company, founded in 1863 and family run until 1986, had constructed boats for three wars when, in the early 1960s, it repositioned itself as a builder of luxury aluminum motor yachts.’
- ‘The kinds of boats available range from 80-foot motor yachts and sprawling catamarans to smaller sailboats that cater to couples.’
- ‘If you charter a boat in Miami, you can pick and choose among spacious trawlers, luxurious motor yachts, or swift catamarans.’
- ‘I have been a boat owner for nearly 30 years and about 18 months ago I purchased a Pacific Mariner motor yacht built in Laconner, WA.’
- ‘Do you require a sailing yacht, a motor yacht or a motorsailer?’
- ‘Excalibur was a large steel-hulled motor yacht which sank in a fire.’
- ‘Outside medicine, he enjoyed sailing in his motor yacht, golf, and visits to his daughter in Corfu.’
- ‘The motor yachts were moored next to each other when one burst into flames.’
- ‘A British-owned, 29m motor yacht operating out of Sharm el Sheikh, she takes 16 passengers in twin-berth cabins.’
- ‘Each evening, in the waning summer sunshine, the waters of the marina light up with the reflections of the white hulls of very shiny, very expensive motor yachts.’
- ‘A motor yacht carrying two beautiful people went by.’
- ‘It's 35m long and has recently been refitted to its original condition, when it was called Radiant and was the personal Mediterranean motor yacht of a Middle Eastern oil magnate.’
- ‘Luckily, a number of high-powered flares and gas bottles were quickly removed from the motor yacht, which was moored next to a pontoon.’
- ‘We visited his large motor yacht with its four luxurious cabins, each with its own bathroom, and chatted with his skipper about future sailing plans.’
- ‘Picture yourself on the deck of one of the motor yachts that cruise the river in search of respite from the summer heat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.