One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport of racing motor vehicles, especially cars.
- ‘The international weekly motorsport show brings world-class motor racing on the screen.’
- ‘The cigarette firms which make Formula One motor-racing so lucrative have the same regard for sport as the people who turn football players into walking billboards.’
- ‘Nor were they welcomed in the more dangerous sports of skiing, motor racing, sailing and horse racing.’
- ‘I think the manufacturers are taking a very responsible role in trying to help guide the future of Grand Prix motor racing.’
- ‘But he goes too far when he claims that he has never brought motor racing into disrepute.’
- ‘Hardware vendors such as HP and Sun have been heavily involved in sponsoring motor racing and other sports.’
- ‘And again, everybody has to understand, motor racing is a dangerous sport.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.