One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is to repair and maintain the engines of cars and other vehicles.‘an apprentice motor mechanic’
- ‘A whole new raft of sectors—including retailers, caterers and motor mechanics—will be eligible for the Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme.’
- ‘The young couple left for Toronto, where Anthony will pursue his careeer as a motor mechanic.’
- ‘He was a motor mechanic all his working life.’
- ‘For the last seven years, Johnson had worked as a self-employed motor mechanic, storing cars to use for spare parts.’
- ‘He spent six months doing motor mechanic training before moving on to a more advanced course.’
- ‘If you look back 10 years ago, for a large number of people developing vocational skills, like motor mechanics, the issue of literacy was less of a problem.’
- ‘He specialised in motor cycles in the last years of his motor mechanic profession.’
- ‘Three years ago the youngsters were trainees, with no qualifications—now they are qualified motor mechanics working at a range of local firms.’
- ‘In much the same way that there are more skilled motor mechanics today than there were drivers 80 years ago, these skilled folks will be, nonetheless, a minority.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.