Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Now the road outside the motor lodge and dairy is being ripped up and resealed again because areas have developed pot holes and bumps since construction finished six weeks ago.’
- ‘There's an early California feel to this no-frills motor lodge on State 12.’
- ‘We stop at a motor lodge and she shows me her tattoo.’
- ‘For example, if your pet weighs less than 30 pounds then it's welcome at most of the motels and motor lodges.’
- ‘And then six months later, he came to me and he showed me a report on a motor lodge where there had been 11 previous break-ins.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.