One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1dated A coach.
bus, minibus, vanView synonyms
- ‘A party of 29 elderly women returning to Bakewell from a Sheffield pantomime matinée spent six hours marooned on the Derbyshire moors in a motor coach.’
- ‘Canadian Pacific also had a number of operations including full-fledged highway motor coach lines.’
- ‘She met him at the station, and together they climbed into an ancient motor coach, which took them further North up the Arctic Highway to the village where she and her family lived.’
- ‘The driver attempted to correct, jack-knifed the vehicle, and a motor coach that was also traveling westbound collided with the tractor trailer unit.’
- ‘The outreach program has a motor coach equipped with examination rooms, a pharmacy, radiography unit, basic laboratory and patient education area, and it travels to homeless shelters.’
- ‘Additional motor coaches were acquired from time-to-time until eventually the fleet grew to 25 vehicles for regular and charter service.’
- ‘The city really needs to ban the motor coaches from all Pattaya streets near the beach, but we all know that won't happen no matter how polluted the air in Pattaya becomes.’
- ‘A terrifying experience befell a party of 26 children returning on a motor coach from a day's outing in Bushy Park.’
- ‘Due to a lack of zoning, the streets of Pattaya are not adequate for use by large motor coaches and on-street parking doesn't help the situation.’
- ‘The Congress will then move by air-conditioned motor coaches to Oxford, MS, on August 3 to give delegates an opportunity to visit the National Library of the Accounting Profession at the University of Mississippi.’
- ‘As he crossed South Street, he noticed a large, black motor coach idling in the parking lot of the Super Deli Mart.’
- ‘A little further on a soccer match spontaneously starts in front of our motor coach while those watching, sing Beatles' songs.’
2A self-propelled railway passenger carriage.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.